SEE HOW EACH STATE USES DIGITAL MEDIA
The state-specific research in the above interactive map provides a side by side comparison of the social media participation rate of each of the 50 states. The data compares each state's Facebook and Twitter accounts to numbers in the 2010 census. The map also provides links to Twitter and Facebook accounts for elected officials in each state, if applicable. This breakdown of each state's unique social media participation rates will help public affairs and communications professionals better understand the geographical differences in the use of social networking technology to facilitate more strategic campaign plans.
Key FindingsBelow are key findings, to view all U.S. facts and figures click here.
- 48 governors have a personalized Twitter presence
- At least 10% of state legislators have a personalized Twitter presence.
- The top five Twittering state legislatures are Florida, Missouri, Pennsylvania, California, and Illinois.
- At least 80 state legislative caucuses have a Twitter presence.
- Every governor has a personalized Facebook presence
- More than one third of state legislators have a personalized Facebook presence
- Every state has a legislator using Facebook.
- The top five Facebooking state legislatures, by total numbers, are Illinois, New York, Minnesota, Michigan, and Texas.
To view all U.S. Facts and Figures click here.